Monday, June 9, 2008

What a Wonderful Gift!

6/9/08
As far as I'm concerned, Sunday's ground-breaking ceremony was a great success. By the end of the day I had made a new friend. His name is Ezra. He's about 3 and 1/2 years old. After spending a lot of time getting his hardhat to fit just right, he helped me pull up the wooden stakes, roll up the orange construction fencing and store the shovels & wheel barrows. We talked about "excavators" and "flat bed trucks" and Ezra promised to come back soon with his "forklift" and "dump truck". We made a great connection.
What a wonderful gift!
I'm confident that our plans to create a beautiful Jefferson Courtyard will lead to many more heartfelt connections with this congregation's kids and families. I've never been more certain that this building project is the right thing to do.
Ken Ralph
Facilities Manager, Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara

No comments: